Subscribe

Can the Execution Status Log be extracted

Is there a way to capture and retain the "Execution Status" log visible under the "Execution" Tab? In environments I've seen it appears to be self-purging record of workflow executions in the last month (approx). A pointer to where a file or SQL table is named/stored would be sufficient.

The execution logs contains detailed info (user-inputs, execution-plan, return-paramters, etc) which many customers would like to capture and retain on a longer term basis.

Re: Can the Execution Status Log be extracted

For every Workflow Execution job, there is a 'Download Logs" button available at the bottom right when you Click-open to see the execution details which allows you to save the Execution logs for that particular job.

@In environments I've seen it appears to be self-purging record of workflow executions in the last month (approx).

------

Its not purging, only not showing it on the Execution Page anymore. See this link: https://communities.netapp.com/message/123630#123630

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Re: Can the Execution Status Log be extracted

Good to know the number visible can be tuned and the number retained is much higher.

The background on what raised the question (i.e.; can it be extracted) is the desire to do some longer term analysis of workflow execution history. Use-cases include: a customer might capture a trouble ticket number field in a workflow (as a WFA UserInput) and later want to search WA workflow execution history to identify workflows referencing a set of ticket numbers (by looking at UserInput field value). Or, what workflows provisioned into a certain aggregate (by looking at Execution plans) of historical workflow runs.

The solution to these use-cases doesn't have to be 'to extract execution history' but I'm looking for a solution that allows programatic access to scan WF Execution history and works without concern of WFA purging exec history before our processing logic gets a chance to run. So I'm researching to find out of what we see in the Execution tab Execution History is a table in a database somewhere, or a set of XMLs files in a directory somewhere.