Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Can you "resolve" DFM events from cli ?

SLASH5K200

Hi All,

Is there a smarter way to "resolve" events from the DFM command line ?

Right now we have 571 informational events displayed in the DFM dashboard that I'm hoping I don't have to click acknowledge and resolve to each one..

I've looked at the DFM command line options, but i don't see anything for "resolve" and i don't necessarily want to delete them, which looks to be an option under the DFM command line.

Suggestions please ?

Thankyou.

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adaikkap

Hi Chris,

Did you try this zip which helps in acknowledge and resolve. In terms of cli resolve = delete.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

bbjholcomb

You can acknowledge them

dfm event ack <eventid>

arunchak

Hi,

If you login to the legacy Operations Manager UI, you can select all the events and acknowledge them in one shot.

Resolve seems to be only through NSPOG or new UI. One way you can get through resolving the events faster is, you can select multiple events by pressing ctrl key. so at a time you can atleast resolve the events in 1 page.

Use shift and ctrl keys.

Thanks,

Arun

JGPSHNTAP

Yes, you can write a script to loop through all the events and acknowledge them

arunchak

Hi,

If you want to acknowledge then there is no need to write a script to loop. If you navigate to legacy UI, Events page you have a select all event option. You can just select all event once and then acknowledge

Thanks,

Arun

adaikkap

Hi Chris,

Did you try this zip which helps in acknowledge and resolve. In terms of cli resolve = delete.

SLASH5K200

Turns out that clicking "resolve" from the "OnCommand Console" is the same as hitting delete under the legacy website or via the CLI.

Not overly intuitive heh

thankyou everyone for your helpful answers!

Chris

Public