Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Can you save and replay historical data in performance Advisor

wallindustry

Is there a methodology that would allow you to save a given amount of DFM data and then open it later analyses and comparison using Performance Advisor ?

9 REPLIES 9

lokeshs

Hi Keith,

Most of the data you see in Performance Advisor is saved on the dfm

server machine and can always be opened later for analysis.

The only data that is not saved is data shown in real time views.

Regards,

Lokesh

wallindustry

I understand there is some historical data available in DFM but I'm looking for  something similar to a trace file I could load for later analyses.

lokeshs

Hi Keith,

>I'm looking for something similar to a trace file I could load for later >analyses

We don't have support to load data for analysis later.

~Lokesh

leongkoklow

i am also looking for analysis historical

data from DFM, but fail to do so, any advice in CLI. i am exploring dfm perf view but get nothing especially on cpu_busy counter

dfm perf counter list abc:abc:system:cpu_busy

Object    Instance                 Counter                  Label1    Label2    Unit      Priv     

-------   ---------                --------                 -------   -------   -----     -----    

adaikkap

Use the dfm perf data retrive to get the historical data.

dfm perf counter list only list the available counter for an object type.

Also use the dfm perf data describe to see how long is the data stored for each counter group.

Regards

adai

leongkoklow

dfm perf data describe, onli gave me data when i start playing with PA but not data kept in DFM.

dfm perf data describe -v "CPU Basic" 114

Counter Group:      CPU Basic

Host Name:          abc

File Name:          perf_4_114_2

Number Records:     1166

Interval (secs):    60

Max Records:        10080

Used Space (bytes): 42104

Oldest Record:       Mon Jan  4 16:14:27 2010

Newest Record:      Tue Jan  5 11:44:30 2010

Counters:

processor_busy

processor_elapsed_time

Instances:

processor0

processor1

dfm perf counter list shown default counter for PA which i am interested in "CPU Basics"

dfm perf view retrieve -a abc "Top CPUs" "2009-12-01 00:00:00" "2009-12-31 00:00:00"
View Name: Top CPUs
View Sample Rate: 60 seconds.
View Sample Buffer: 604800 seconds.
Timestamp      abc:system:system:cpu_busy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error: Failed to get processed data for system / system / cpu_busy of cg 1 and of host 114

Pls help me to identify where i get wrong..?

rbalaji

Keith,

Also please note that you have queried for perf data from "2009-12-01 00:00:00" to "2009-12-31 00:00:00" while the data available from "2010-01-0416:14-27" (Mon Jan  4 16:14:27 2010) to "2010-01-05 11:44:40" (Tue Jan  5 11:44:30 2010) only.

This is the reason why you are not able to view the data (using dfm perf data retrieve)

<<<< dfm perf data describe, onli gave me data when i start playing with PA but not data kept in DFM.

This is the expected behavior. This CLI shows the start and end time of the perf samples available with DFM. You cannot see the perf data before PA is enabled. You may use 'dfm perf data modify' CLI to tune the default collection period and rate for the counter groups.

leongkoklow

Oh i did it on purpose for the time range as i knew there would not be any data.

So, my next question is how to intepret DFM history data, it it dfm perf or some other cli i can use?

rbalaji

You may use 'dfm perf view retrieve' CLI to view the history data (if exists with DFM).

Public