Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Certify our own WFA commands

rogerhinson

We have a process where we require all of the exports removed from a volume before we allow it to be deleted.

In WFA, we run one workflow to remove one, or more, export rules.  We have a second workflow can then be run to delete the volume.  I have attached the modify workflow we're using.

Because our workflow to modify export rules does not use certified commands (because there aren't any), the delete workflow will fail if run immediately afterwards.

We need a way to certify our own commands to resolve this issue, or have non-certified commands recognized by WFA caching and reservations.

What is the process to certify our own commands?

Thanks,

Roger

8 REPLIES 8

abhit

Basically you want to associate a reservation script with your command.

In the current version which you are using you cannot do so.

In the upcoming version scheduled for later this year, you will be able to do so.

You can lock your commands. There is no other way to certify the custom commands.

Regards

Abhi

adaikkap

Hi Roger,

Certifying your command will not solve the issue. For now you will have to do it either by adding sufficient wait times between workflows so that cache is updated or use a refresh command in your workflow to get the data currency.

BTW the upcoming release of WFA, will allow you take care of reservation even in case of custom commands that aren't certified.

Regards

adai

rogerhinson

Could you describe why only certified commands perform the reservations and not custom commands?  It appears the only difference between the one that comes with WFA and the one I create is the certification.

Thanks,

Roger

rajathr

Hi Roger,

The reservations have to be written for the custom commands based on what the command does. These are SQL scripts and one needs to understand the database schema to do this. This cannot be done for custom commands currently.

As Adai mentioned, the upcoming release of WFA will allow you to associate a SQL script with your custom command which will handle the reservations. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajath

dcornely1

Is there a specific release date for the next version of WFA?  The workarounds regarding wait times or forced refreshes aren't realistic for an environment with any sort of high change rate -- a release date would help us plan for when we can start using WFA in a realistic manner, thanks.

aarong

Dave,

i will work on getting release dates so you guys can plan accordingly. i will follow up with you guys in the office. I m not sure if we will get any responses regarding release dates in the forums

thanks

adaikkap

Thanks Aaron for stepping in. I was about to reply the same to Dave. We will not be able to give you the date in the public forum but be rest assured the release is not very far.

Aaron should be able to get you the exact timelines.

Regards

adai

adaikkap

Hi Dave,

In the mean time use the refresh command to get you data in sync and avoid delays in your workflow.

https://communities.netapp.com/message/124437#124437

BTW could you let know the some ball park numbers on what you mean by high change rates ?

Like how many workflows you will run in an hour, in a day etc ?

Regards

adai

Public