Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Change Capacity Warning Threshold for all VMs at once

svenm

Is there a way to change the threshold  "Warning Threshold Capacity (%)" for all VMs at once? Maybe like a hidden standard parameter list?

to click on every VM and change it all after another would take a long time.

Use case: I've got 2 Customers with > 500 VMs. They added all VMs to Balance and got > 500 Alerts "Volume capacity warning threshold" because

all of their VMs have very small c:-partitions with just the OS. Because of that the c: is always by 80% Utilization. So for every VM they get alerts. Which is pretty

annoying.

Solution would be to set the warning threshold to a higher percentage. But to click on every VM and change it all after another would take a long time for the 500 VMs.

And for every new provisioned Vm discovered by Balance they would have to to the same thing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dbourque

Hi Steve,

There is no capability in the prodcut today to globally change the utilization % of all the assests to a new value.  It can only be managed/altered by exception/per asset. That said, It is possible for a sustaining developer to get into the product as root and change it for the customer. It would require a CSS case and proper scheduling to get that accomplished etc etc.

Best regards,

Don Bourque  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

dbourque

Hi Steve,

There is no capability in the prodcut today to globally change the utilization % of all the assests to a new value.  It can only be managed/altered by exception/per asset. That said, It is possible for a sustaining developer to get into the product as root and change it for the customer. It would require a CSS case and proper scheduling to get that accomplished etc etc.

Best regards,

Don Bourque  

SIGEPSPAM

Don -- I've got the same question/problem as Sven above. I see that it's currently not possible. Is the capability to mass-change warning thresholds across the board on the proposed list of things to come in future versions? Possibly an ETA on this feature? thanks..

dbourque

The request has been submitted as a RFE by a least a couple of customers however i am not aware of any planning or sizing efforts on this request or any considerations for a future release.   Mr Yossi Weils or Mr Peter Lauterbach in Balance PM should be able to assist with RFE road maps.

Best regards,

Don Bourque

Insight S&A

dsimeone

Umm- piling on here. I guess I'm spoiled on the global threshold setings available in DFM for years, and was dismayed to find no such globals in Balance, for the 500+ VMs I am managing.for my present client.

JOSHUAFINLEY

Hit the same thing, can only describe this as a bug, as surely noone has time to configure this many VMs manually, and of course support doesnt want to know.   Considering how much NetApp push Balance as a selling point, being not fit for purpose really isnt a good look..

Public