Subscribe
Accepted Solution

Change Capacity Warning Threshold for all VMs at once

Is there a way to change the threshold  "Warning Threshold Capacity (%)" for all VMs at once? Maybe like a hidden standard parameter list?

to click on every VM and change it all after another would take a long time.

Use case: I've got 2 Customers with > 500 VMs. They added all VMs to Balance and got > 500 Alerts "Volume capacity warning threshold" because

all of their VMs have very small c:-partitions with just the OS. Because of that the c: is always by 80% Utilization. So for every VM they get alerts. Which is pretty

annoying.

Solution would be to set the warning threshold to a higher percentage. But to click on every VM and change it all after another would take a long time for the 500 VMs.

And for every new provisioned Vm discovered by Balance they would have to to the same thing.

Re: Change Capacity Warning Threshold for all VMs at once

Hi Steve,

There is no capability in the prodcut today to globally change the utilization % of all the assests to a new value.  It can only be managed/altered by exception/per asset. That said, It is possible for a sustaining developer to get into the product as root and change it for the customer. It would require a CSS case and proper scheduling to get that accomplished etc etc.

Best regards,

Don Bourque  

Don -- I've got the same question/problem as Sven above. I see that it's currently not possible. Is the capability to mass-change warning thresholds across the board on the proposed list of things to come in future versions? Possibly an ETA on this feature? thanks..

The request has been submitted as a RFE by a least a couple of customers however i am not aware of any planning or sizing efforts on this request or any considerations for a future release.   Mr Yossi Weils or Mr Peter Lauterbach in Balance PM should be able to assist with RFE road maps.

Best regards,

Don Bourque

Insight S&A

Umm- piling on here. I guess I'm spoiled on the global threshold setings available in DFM for years, and was dismayed to find no such globals in Balance, for the 500+ VMs I am managing.for my present client.

Hit the same thing, can only describe this as a bug, as surely noone has time to configure this many VMs manually, and of course support doesnt want to know.   Considering how much NetApp push Balance as a selling point, being not fit for purpose really isnt a good look..