Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Change IsFilesysSizeFixed volume attribute

raffs

I have a volume that is a cascaded volume that needs to be resized. To do this i have  1.  executed Snap mirror = 'broken off' ,  and 2. the volume attribute 'IsFilesysSizeFixed' needs to be changed to False, to allow the volume capacity to be changed.

With the SM , boken off ,

$PRE_check_IsFilesysSizeFixed=(get-ncvol -controller $connect_to_remote_peer_cluster_controller -volume $destination_vol).volumespaceattributes.IsFilesysSizeFixed

this returns "True"

I've read that the only way to change this setting from True to False , is to 'Initialise-NcObjectProperty' pre and post , then run something like....  'update-ncvol -query $pre -Attributes $post' , which seems a convoluted way , to just change a volume attribute , like so ...

$PreTemplate = Get-NcVol -Template

Initialize-NcObjectProperty -Object $PreTemplate -Name VolumeSpaceAttributes

$PRE_CHECK_OF_TEMPLATE_IS_FILESYS_FIXED=$PreTemplate.VolumeSpaceAttributes.IsFilesysSizeFixed = $MH_destination_vol

if ( $PRE_CHECK_OF_TEMPLATE_IS_FILESYS_FIXED -eq "True" )

{

write-host "PRECHECK - the vol VolumeSpaceAttributes IsFilesysSizeFixed Attribute is set to `"$PRE_CHECK_OF_TEMPLATE_IS_FILESYS_FIXED`" - this needs to be changed to FALSE"

$PostTemplate = Get-NcVol -Template

Initialize-NcObjectProperty -Object $PostTemplate -Name VolumeSpaceAttributes

$PostTemplate.VolumeSpaceAttributes.IsFilesysSizeFixed = $false

write-host "I want to change it to : false , please wait ... running update-ncvol ...."

Update-NcVol -Query $PreTemplate -Attributes $PostTemplate

$POST_CHECK_OF_TEMPLATE_IS_FILESYS_FIXED=$PreTemplate.VolumeSpaceAttributes.IsFilesysSizeFixed = $MH_destination_vol

:

:

is this really the only method to change a volume attribute ?

1 REPLY 1

Sahana

Hi,

Refer KB  https://kb.netapp.com/support/s/article/ka11A0000001WmB/growing-a-the-destination-volume-for-a-volume-snapmirror-fails (requires login)

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public