Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Config Advisor Issues

TMADOCTHOMAS

I recently downloaded Config Advisor 5.1 and have experienced problems ever since. The main issue: collection jobs don't work anymore. When I expand to see log entries, I get this:

----------------------------------------------------

No log results
*showing last 100 lines of log

----------------------------------------------------

It looks like it's trying to run for quite some time, then times out and says "failed". Any ideas?

Also: even back in 5.0 I had this issue. IE is the default browser so Config Advisor opens in IE, which is unsupported. I bookmarked the CA URL in Chrome, but the bookmark only works if I first open the nonfunctional CA in IE. Then I can close IE and everything continues to work in Chrome until I close it. Any ideas as to why I have to open IE first? Also: can the default browser for CA be changed?

1 REPLY 1

TMADOCTHOMAS

Well ... that was quick. I reinstalled it and now it's working.

Still would like any advice on loading Chrome when I launch the software. It's weird - if I close Chrome and re-open it while still logged into the same Windows session, Config Advisor starts without issue. But if I log off and on again, open Chrome and click the link - it doesn't work. I have to open it in IE again before it works in Chrome.

Public