Subscribe
Accepted Solution

Create suid export-policy rule

I am trying to create a cDOT export-policy rule that has 'allow-suid' set to true.

The "Create export rule" does not have a reference to the allow-suid flag

I created a new command and extended the command code to include it:

----/--

Added the parameter:

[parameter(Mandatory=$true,HelpMessage="Allow SUID")]

[string]$Suid

I added it to the expression:

... -ReadWriteSecurityFlavor" + $RwRule + " -allow-suid " + $Suid

That threw an error on unknown element

Created a new definition called SZ_Export_SUID_Rule and added a line with allow-suid

Changed the parameter in the command to reference that new definition and still get the errors.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help.

-John

Re: Create suid export-policy rule

When are you getting this error?

Did you do a Discover Paramaters after you added the new parameters to the command?

Regards

Abhi

John,

WFA commands user cDOT Powershell Tookit cmdlets and not cDOT CLI commands. So for this export-rule create command, the cmdlet New-NcExportRule doesn't have any -allow-suid parameter. It uses a switch -EnableSetUid

So you can do the following:

## begin###

[parameter(Mandatory=$true,HelpMessage="Allow SUID true/false")]

[bool]$Suid

if($Suid)

{

$expression = "New-NcExportRule -ErrorAction Stop -VserverContext " + $VserverName + " -Policy " + $PolicyName + " -ClientMatch " + $ClientMatch + " -ReadOnlySecurityFlavor " + $RoRule + " -ReadWriteSecurityFlavor " + $RwRule + " -EnableSetUid"

}

else {

$expression = "New-NcExportRule -ErrorAction Stop -VserverContext " + $VserverName + " -Policy " + $PolicyName + " -ClientMatch " + $ClientMatch + " -ReadOnlySecurityFlavor " + $RoRule + " -ReadWriteSecurityFlavor " + $RwRule + " -DisableSetUid"

}

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Sinhaa -

Very helpful.  I will take a look at that toolkit for future reference.  Thanks much!

Cheers,

john