Subscribe
Accepted Solution

Creating Protection Manager Policies and Setting via CLI

I am trying to create Protection Policies with DFM CLI commands.

While "dfpm policy list" will show both Provisoning and Protection policies I cannot find a way to create Protection Policies as there is no create option for a "Data Protection" policy type.

Is there a way to do this via CLI?

I have seen some references to using the SDK, but even after evaluating the commands available there i do not see a way to create Protection Policies there either.

I have created a lot of other scripts i need for deployment, but this is the current "brick wall" that is preventing me from finishing a deployment script for OnCommand.

thanks,

dave

rle Former NetApp Employee

Re: Creating Protection Manager Policies and Setting via CLI

Dave -

Please check-out the dp-policy APIs.  There is no direct way to create a protection policy, but you can copy the pre-defined protection policies with dp-polocy-copy, and then modify the copy with dp-policy-modify.

Regards,

- Rick -.

Ok, cool. Thanks for the quick reply!

Missed the dp-policy APIs, will check again. Copying pre-defined my be the low bridge for now though!

Thanks!

There is no create cli for data protection polices, instead you should use the COPY cli. Do note, when you copy a policy the schedules are not copied along unlike when its done from the NMC( NetApp Management Console). Below is the help of copy cli.

C:\>dfpm policy copy help

NAME

copy -- makes copy of a policy

SYNOPSIS

dfpm policy copy [ -d <description> ] <existing-policy-name-or-id>

<new-policy-name>

DESCRIPTION

-d option can be used to specify description for the

new policy.

C:\>