Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

.DAR failed to import

keitha

Hi Team,

I have a .dar that was written in 2.0.1 that is refusing to import into 2.1. I have attached the autosupport. Can anyone take a peek and give me any hints or clues?

Also, to connect to the the new UM 6.0 the instructions say to create a new DataBase User however in UM I only have the option to create a Storage user. Same thing? I ask since I'm getting a host refused error message and am wondering if I have to set up a trust somewhere. I am correct in the fact that I don't need to run anything on the new OCUM 6.0 VM correct?

Keith

6 REPLIES 6

hill

Hi Keith,

Addressing your question around a new UM 6.0 DB user, here are the steps you'd take to do that:

• click on the 'administration' link in the top right menu
  • select 'manage users' from the dropdown list
  • in the top left on the 'manage users' window, select '+add' button
  • When the dialog window pops up, change the type of user from 'local user' to 'database user'
  • Add your user name and credentials
  • once saved use the new user and password you just created in WFA.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

keitha

Thanks Kevin...That was silly of me, I saw local user and assumed it meant Local versus Domain rather than Local versus Database. Me reading too fast.

Cheers!

Keith

shailaja

Hi Keith,

On your other question:

The autosupport logs you have attached indicates that there was an exception thrown during the import, leading to import failure.

Looks like the DAR that you were trying to import had workflows that used the 2.0.1 version of Create VSM command.

We can file an internal issue on this. Can you provide the DAR file used for the import.

Thanks,

Shailaja

chaitu

Hi Keith,

We need the DAR file you used in import, to analyze the error. So please do attach the DAR file.

keitha

Sure. Here is the .Dar file. It was a workflow written by Yaron Regev.

abhit

Thanks Keith. A defect has been logged and this is being looked into.

-Abhi

Public