Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DFM Backup Diag output incorrect

michaeldparker

Hi All,

So I had this working (for a moment it seems).  All the results looked correct and it said I could dod a snapshot backup.  Due to other issues, I re-installed the binaries and choose the option to preserve the data.  The reinstall left my perfarchive, db, and scripts dirs on the E, just where they should be.  All seems to work, but now when I do a dfm backup diag, it thinks that my perfdata is on the D drive and does not list snapshot as an available option.  I can clearly see that my new perfdata is being writting to the E.  In addition, "dfm option list PerfArchiveDir" shows it on the E,  So, why does "dfm backup diag" think it is on the D and how do I fix it?

Thanks

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

michaeldparker

I finally got it working again in case anyone is interested.  Even though, the perfdata was being written to e:\dfmdata\perdata, I had to run "dfm datastore setup -n -p e:\dfmdata\perfdata".  You could tell by file dates and times, it was already putting the files there.  Somehow the diag command was confused and this fixed it.

For now everything just works again, so I'm going to stop making changes while I'm ahead.

Michael

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

michaeldparker

I finally got it working again in case anyone is interested.  Even though, the perfdata was being written to e:\dfmdata\perdata, I had to run "dfm datastore setup -n -p e:\dfmdata\perfdata".  You could tell by file dates and times, it was already putting the files there.  Somehow the diag command was confused and this fixed it.

For now everything just works again, so I'm going to stop making changes while I'm ahead.

Michael

Public