Subscribe

DFM Secondary Storage Resizing - Constant Volume Warning

I have been having an issue with DFM secondary sizing on a snapvault volume.   The DFM job in question is a mirror (SnapMirror) and then backup (SnapVault) job.  The Snapmirror portion runs fine, but when the SnapVault kicks off it consistently tries to resize to a smaller size volume on the destination.  It shows up as a warning, and says the following:

DataSet Name: Could not resize secondary volume DestinationFiler:/Volume (18378) to 13.1 TB. Selected volume size is too small to hold the current volume data.

I worked with this a little to try and resolve it, and set the following to see if it would help based on a BURT case.

dfm option set  dpDSSVolMaxSizeMb=18874368 first and tried a protect now (It gave me more sizing warnings)

next tried this dfm option set  dpDSSVolMaxSizeMb=0 to see if that might help (Waiting to try this one)

Please let me know if anyone has experienced this as a bug, or has found a solution to this issue.

Is the primary dedupe enabled ? If so you are hitting the know issue which is release noted.

http://now.netapp.com/NOW/knowledge/docs/oncommand/relcore50/html/software/rnote_oc_core5/frameset.html

Dynamic volume resizing must be disabled to support deduplication plus "Mirror, then back up" protection policy

Regards

adai

Adai,

Thanks.  Can you confirm whether this is the case for version 4.0.1 as well?  That is what I am currently running.

Thanks, Eric

Yes. its applicable in case of 4.0 also.

Regards

adai