Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DFM backup restore

lagenevoise

Dear all,

I wolud like know if it's possible to restore only monitordb.db & monitordb.log without Perfdata

monitordb less than 2gb and perfdate original size 300gb.

Regards.

9 REPLIES 9

daehnrich_bsh

I think there is at the moment no way, i had this problem few weeks ago with 150GB perfdata. ><

When there exist a "cheating" way, it would be nice to tell us how.

cheers Soeren

vloiseau

Hi,

I will test disabling performance advisor before restore : dfm options set perfAdvisorEnabled=disabled

Tell me if it works.

(with 5.0 there are 2 flavors : Express edition and Full edition... with the same license. Express has no performance advisor data, but is limited to 10 systems)

Valery.

adaikkap

Hi Christophe,

Why do you want to restore only DB and not Perf Data ? Dont you need your performance Adviser data ?

Also disabling perfadviser will only stop further data collecting but not delete or purge already collected performance data.

Regards

adai

POLICARD

Hi,

I am managing the infrastructure previously managed by Christophe.

Firstly, Restoring only 2GB should take less time than 300GB

Secondly we want to only restore DB. PerfData are not concerned.

adaikkap

Hi,

This feature is coming in OCUM 5.2. Which is already in BETA. But for now there is no direct way. Though there are some indirect ways of doing it. Hi suggest you to open a case with support they should be able to help you restore  only the db files and not performance data.

Regards

Adai

POLICARD

Hi Adaikkappan,

Thanks for your answer. We will wait for version 5.2.

lagenevoise

HI Pierrick,

Do you have an issue on monitor DB?

POLICARD

Hi Christophe,

All is fine for now. Except sometimes when I need to update manually the database when a snapvault modify was called...

adaikkap

Did you try out the OCUM 5.2 RC capability given that OCUM 5.2 is out ?

Regards

adai

Public