Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DFM custom quota reports based on percentage

jason_ohlms

Good day, we are looking to generate a daily report that emails out

tree & user quotas that are over say 85% and were curious how to accomplish this? I can generate the report based on all tree & user quotas, but not based upon a threshold. Please advise, thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

nakshay

Hello,

You can try creating a custom report sorted based on user quota limit as shown below :

[root@lnx184-41 ~]# dfm report view user_quota_soft_limit help
User_Quota_Solft_Limit Report (user_quota_soft_limit)
Catalog Name: UserQuota

Display Tab: FileSRM

Catalog Field                                 Field Name                                    Format  
--------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------- ---------
UserQuota.FilesSoftLimit                      User Quota Files Soft Limit                           
UserQuota.User                                User Quota User (A)                                   
User.Email                                    User Email                                            
User.Name                                     User Name                                            

Default sort order is UserQuota.FilesSoftLimit.
[root@lnx184-41 ~]#

The report hence created can be scheduled to return output in csv or XL format.

Since the default sort order is "UserQuota.FilesSoftLimit" we can manually retrieve the top N results of  the report.

I agree this may not be an optimal solution to what you are looking for.

Others in the fourms please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Akshay

jason_ohlms

I appreciate the quick response but unfortunately this is not what I am looking for. I am able to get the output formatted the way I would like, but I just "assumed" that DFM could do post processing on the output prior to notification such as awk'ing out the columns and only reporting based upon a threshold.

From the looks of it, I will need to output to UNIX and execute post-processing on our own prior to emailing out the results.

If anyone has any insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again, nakshay!

ssantosh

Hi,

> I just "assumed" that DFM could do post processing on the output prior to notification such as awk'ing out the columns and only reporting based upon a threshold.

This capability is not available in OM. You can use Database Access and implement a script that generates and e-mails the filtered data.

Pleae check out the http://media.netapp.com/documents/tr-3690.pdf link for more info on Database Access.

Thanks,

Santosh

Public