Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DataFabric Manager server database backup and restore process

unitech89e9

Hi everybody:

I have some question :

1.Is DataFabric Manager server database backup proecss include DataFabric Manager server's configuration file?

2.If database backup proecssor can't backup DataFabric Manager server's configuration file,how to backup DataFabric Manager server's configuration file?

3.Is DataFabric Manager server database restore process can only be perform in command line ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

kryan

A UM 5.x backup (dfm backup create) will backup everything required for a disaster recovery or to migrate the functionality/hosts/data to another server.

I am not aware of a method to restore from the UI.

Kevin

dirkschmiedt

> 1.Is DataFabric Manager server database backup proecss include DataFabric Manager server's configuration file?

It contains a lot of DFM configuration informations.

"dfm backup diag"  shows you the names of the directories that are stored in the backup.

You may also replace the ".ndb" file extension to ".zip" and have a look at the content of the ZIP-Archive.

> 2.If database backup proecssor can't backup DataFabric Manager server's configuration file,how to backup DataFabric Manager server's configuration file?

As far as i know, only the SSL keys are missing in the backup.

> 3.Is DataFabric Manager server database restore process can only be perform in command line ?

Yes. Only CLI.  dfm backup restore BACKUPFILENAME

There are too many people touching and trying every button they can find. 😉

arunchak

HI,

>>1.Is DataFabric Manager server database backup proecss include DataFabric Manager server's configuration file?

If you create a backup all the dfm options are captured and when you restore it it will result back to the DFM from where you had backed up the db from.

>>3.Is DataFabric Manager server database restore process can only be perform in command line ?

You have an option to backup and schedule backup from Operations manager UI:

http://<dfm ip>:8080/dfm/edit/database-backup

But for restore you might have to resort back to cli as restores mean downtime and its not done often like backup.

Thanks,

Arun  

Public