Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Database Backup Failed with Operations Manager 4.0.2.7803

MARC_EGGENBERGER_BWO

Hi there.

I have the Operations Manager 4.0.2.7803 running on a Windows 2008 Server and since yesterday I'm getting backup errors. DFM itself shows a simple dbbackp opteration not successful.

In the dfmbackup.log I see that the Sybase DB is checkpointed and shut down but tehn I get the following:

[dfm:ERROR]: [5144:0x1900]: Could not complete dbbackup operation successfully.

[dfm:ERROR]: [5144:0x1900]: Could not complete dbbackup operation successfully.

[dfm:ERROR]: [5144:0x1900]: Database backup create failed

[dfmserver: INFO]: [3472:0x1d20]: script_dir_size=0

[dfm:ERROR]: [7676:0x18e8]: Could not complete dbbackup operation successfully.

[dfm:ERROR]: [7676:0x18e8]: Could not complete dbbackup operation successfully.

[dfm:ERROR]: [7676:0x18e8]: Database backup create failed

Any hints what could be wrong here? Also a manual "backup now" produces the same error.

Regards,

Marc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MARC_EGGENBERGER_BWO

I did find the issue on my problem. It seems that someone (rogue script, human error on operations side) on the client location deleted some files from DFM which caused this. Comparing it to the second DFM installation showed that 4 files were missing. Copied those over and its running again as it should.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Marc

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

andrc

Have you checked there's enough available space in your backup location?

If there is then you need to look for anything at all that's changed on the server since the backups were successful, sounds like a needle in a haystack but something obvious may jump out....

peter_lehmann

Hoi Marc

Had some issues when working with "non standard" directory settings (e.g. perf data set to F:/perfdata instead of C:). After a reboot of the server, sometimes it gets reset back to default (C:/Program Files...) and then the DB Backup fails.

HAve a look and change it to the correct setting, the backup should then work again.

This is a bug in 4.x and 5.x and I do not have any feedback from NetApp when they will fix this.

Peter

adaikkap

Hi Peter,

Can you get the out of dfm backup diag ?

Regards

ada

peter_lehmann

Hi ada

Strange... Just tried to document this behavior again, and it has disappeared...

Rebooted the server twice and it is still set to F:\perfdata.

Never mind,

Peter

peter_lehmann

Hi ada

still strange behavior here... Now the backups fail again. the command "dfm options list" tells me that the perfdata is set to F:\perfdata, but the DFM thinks it is set to C:...

Here the output:

C:\>dfm options list perfarchive dir

Error: There is no perfarchive option.

Error: There is no dir option.

C:\>dfm options list perfarchivedir

Option          Value

--------------- ------------------------------

perfArchiveDir  F:\perfdata

C:\>dfm backup diag

Could not open directory: C:/Program Files/NetApp/DataFabric Manager/DFM/perfdata.

Directory size for perf path failed

Sybase Data Directory:      C:/Program Files/NetApp/DataFabric Manager/DFM/data/

Sybase Log Directory :      C:/Program Files/NetApp/DataFabric Manager/DFM/data/

Performance Data Directory: C:/Program Files/NetApp/DataFabric Manager/DFM/perfdata

Script-plugins Directory:   C:/Program Files/NetApp/DataFabric Manager/DFM/script-plugins

Reports Archive Directory:  C:\Program Files\NetApp\DataFabric Manager\DFM\reports\

Plugins Directory:          C:/Program Files/NetApp/DataFabric Manager/DFM/plugins

Database Hosting System:    localhost

SnapDrive Installed:        Yes

SnapDrive Version:          6.3.1.5028

SnapDrive Status:           Passed(Data not present on LUN)

Volume Snapshot Status:     NA

Backup Destination:         F:\Backup-OM-DB\

Number of backups possible: NA

Backup Retention Count:     5

Allowed Backup Type:        Archive (ndb)

C:\>

Also rebooting doesn't change this situation.

Any idea???

Peter

MARC_EGGENBERGER_BWO

I did find the issue on my problem. It seems that someone (rogue script, human error on operations side) on the client location deleted some files from DFM which caused this. Comparing it to the second DFM installation showed that 4 files were missing. Copied those over and its running again as it should.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Marc

Public