Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Disable Obsolete Alert Emails from Unified Manager 6.3

TABER_BRANDEN

Currently we are using email alerting for events in Unified Manager 6.3. Whenever the event clears (ex. volume is not full any longer), it sends out another email with the subject line:

Alert from OnCommand Unified Manager: Volume Space Full (State: Obsolete)

I've been unable to find a way to disable the obsolete email. We have no desire to receive this additional email, as it just adds confusion and clutter to our mailbox.

Does anyone know of a way around this, or can this be submitted as a future feature request?

5 REPLIES 5

Sahana

Hi,

You can change the event retention settings. Refer Configuring event settings on page 62 https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMP12469577

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

TABER_BRANDEN

Sahana,

Thanks for the information but this does not offer the ability to disable the "Event Obsolete" emails that are sent out once the event state is no longer active.

Thank you,

Branden

msudip

Hi,

There is an um cli option to disable alerting for terminal state of events. The option name is "terminalEventState.alertEnabled". You may set this option to false to disable alerting on event terminal state. The command to disable this option is:

"um option set terminalEventState.alertEnabled=false"

Note: If you are using vApp as UM server, you will have to do this via support.

david_ovenden

I agree that we should get an option to turn these emails off.  All of our other monitoring tools are set to email on errors, but not to email on resolution.  If you insist on keeping the emails please can you at least change obsolete to something meaningful!

Obsolete doesn't to me say that the issue has been fixed.

Erling

Maybe this article helps with your question:

How to stop alerts related to Obsolete/Resolved events in OnCommand Unified Manager
https://kb.netapp.com/support/s/article/ka31A00000014ddQAA/how-to-stop-alerts-related-to-obsolete-resolved-events

Public