Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DisabledCounterGroups settings

darrendunham

I'm having difficulty finding what goes into the perfAdvisorDisabledCounterGroups setting.  My configuration has "Qtree Basic" in there.  I'm assuming that I can put in any counter category (system, aggregate, cifs, ...)?  If that's correct, what does 'Basic' correspond to?

Thanks,

--

Darren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hiyer

You can use the "dfm perf data list" command to see the list of available counter groups, as:

dfm perf data list -v -o <storage-sytem-name-or-id>

The list is presented below for your convenience:

System Basic
Disk Basic
Aggregate Basic
CPU Basic
Network Interface
NFS Basic
Target Basic
LUN Basic
Volume Basic
CIFS Basic
FCP Basic
iSCSI Basic
vFiler Basic
System Archive
CPU Archive
Perf Archive
QOS Basic
Wafl Basic
Qtree Basic
System View

You can then use the "dfm perf data describe" command to view the list of counters in a counter group, as:

dfm perf data describe -v <counter-group-name> <object-name-or-id> .

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

hiyer

You can use the "dfm perf data list" command to see the list of available counter groups, as:

dfm perf data list -v -o <storage-sytem-name-or-id>

The list is presented below for your convenience:

System Basic
Disk Basic
Aggregate Basic
CPU Basic
Network Interface
NFS Basic
Target Basic
LUN Basic
Volume Basic
CIFS Basic
FCP Basic
iSCSI Basic
vFiler Basic
System Archive
CPU Archive
Perf Archive
QOS Basic
Wafl Basic
Qtree Basic
System View

You can then use the "dfm perf data describe" command to view the list of counters in a counter group, as:

dfm perf data describe -v <counter-group-name> <object-name-or-id> .

harish

Hi Darren,

"perfAdvisorDisabledCounterGroups" option lists one or more counter groups, separated by a , (comma) for which the collection of performance data is disabled. By default, collection for "Qtree Basic" counter group is disabled. The list of counter groups can be displayed using "dfm perf data list" CLI.

Finally, this option can be applied to all the storage systems using "dfm option set" CLI or applied on a host basis using "dfm host set" CLI.

Regards

Harish

nagesha

Hi Darren,

>> If that's correct, what does 'Basic' correspond to?

Counter Manager exposed counters of type ‘basic,diag, advanced, admin’ and by default PA collects data only for ‘basic’ type counters.

darrendunham

Got it.  I was afraid I had disabled "Qtree" and "Basic", not "Qtree Basic".  Makes more sense now.

Thanks!

--

Darren

Public