Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Distributed Provisioning/Protection Manager

smurphy

Are the any plans to provide distributed Provisioning/Protection Manager capabilities in OnCommand?  My customer is facing sizing limitations and splitting the OnCommand app & DB into multiple servers will present difficulties.  I am aware of the OnCommand Insight Reporter functionality and this is of limited value at this time.

Thanks,

Sean.

6 REPLIES 6

lovik_netapp

As I have heard it's possible however couldn't find any document related to this, hope someone from DFM team can give better answer to this.

rshiva

Yes, Insight reporter is the only tool today that can collect data from multiple OnCommand (DFM) servers. However, we do have some workarounds where you can split the OnCommand (DFM) server based on functionality or based on geo’s. Check out the following KB article: https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1011950

smurphy

I'm aware of splitting DFM/OnCommand.  What I'm looking for is "single pane of glass" to provide centralized management of multiple DFM servers - not just reporting capabilities (Enterprise Portal or otherwise).  Is this on a roadmap?

adaikkap

Hi Sean,

As of today there is not SPoG to provide centralized management.Pls reach out to the product managers for road map.

Regards

adai

paulthom

Hi, do you know if this kb has been relocated? I tried to read it but it wont load.

It looks like it may answer some questions i have.

Cheers

Paul

adaikkap

Hi Paul,

The KB is now merged into the BPG, which is available under the following location.

How to deploy OnCommand Unified Manager – Best Practices Guide

Regards

adai

Public