Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Does the alarm set up in Performance Advisor having the same result as DFM?

tatlee

The customer has used the Performance Advisor to set up some events and alarms. However, it seems doesn't take effect for some alarms. The disk busy alarms works fine, but the alarms for snapmirror lag time breached do not. Any idea?

Regards,

Terrence Lee

5 REPLIES 5

adaikkap

Hi Lee,

The SnapMirror lag and error events are BCO tabs events and they are monitored for only if BCO or Protection Manager is licensed.

Regards,

adai

tatlee

Hi Adai,

The license has installed. Still didn't get the alert.

Regards,

Terrence Lee

NetApp Global Services

NetApp

852.3605.7700 Main

852.9181.8824 Mobile Phone

terrence.lee@netapp.com

Learn how: netapp.com/guarantee

adaikkap

Hi Terrence,

Can you do a test of the alarm and see you get the alert mail.

Also can you get the output of dfm alarm list to see that it is enabled.

The default threshold for snapmirror lag is 1.5 days and snapmirror error is 2.0 days.

The options to modify this threshold is available in the dfdrm policy.

dfdrm policy modify [ -N <new-name> ] [ -k <throttle> ] [ -r <restart> ] [ -c <schedule> ] [ -w <lag-warning-threshold> ] [ -e <lag-error-threshold> ] [ -o <outstanding> ] [ -V <visibility> ] [ -C <checksum> ] [ -W <winsize> ] [ -p &lt;script&gt; ] <name> -e <lag-error-threshold> 1.5 days, -w <lag-warning-threshold> 2.0 days.

Are you using BCO or Protection Manager. For protection manger the event is

dataset protection lag and error.If it's a dfdrm relationship then snapmirror events are valid.

Regards,

adai

tatlee

Hi Adai,

Thanks for your quick reply. Actually, I have set up the alarm in DFM, and change the snapmirror lag time in DFDRM and I can get the email alert. The problem is when this snapmirror lag alert setting by Performance Advisor didn't work.

Regards,

Terrence Lee

NetApp Global Services

NetApp

852.3605.7700 Main

852.9181.8824 Mobile Phone

terrence.lee@netapp.com

Learn how: netapp.com/guarantee

adaikkap

I don't think, the perf-Advisor stuffs works for snapmirror alert, but let me try that and let you know.

Regards

adai

Public