Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Drop down list

STVTEAMGO

Hi,

I want to create a drop down list of os type (vmware,windows,hpux ...) to workflow that create lun.

I succeded to create drop down list of controllers by using query but there is a table of os_type ?

someone know how to do this ?

regards,

nati

4 REPLIES 4

warrenb

Hi nati,

Unless you want to start complicating things I don't believe that you can do what you want with a query.

Have you tried using an enumeration instead? This also gives you the ability to not list LUN types you don't want people creating. For example you should only be using the windows type LUN unless you are dealing with Windows 2003 hosts.

Regards,

Warren

sinhaa

The following query  for User Input Lun Type will serve what you want to achieve.. it perhaps this can be made shorter.

====

SELECT
    "solaris"
Union
SELECT
    "windows"
Union
SELECT
    "hpux"
Union
SELECT
    "xen"
Union
SELECT
    "aix"
Union
SELECT
    "linux"
Union
SELECT
    "vmware"
Union
SELECT
    "openvms"
Union
SELECT
    "hyper_v"
Union
SELECT
    "image"
Union
SELECT
    "solaris_efi"
Union
SELECT
    "windows"
Union
SELECT
    "windows_2008"
Union
SELECT
    "windows_gpt"

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

STVTEAMGO

Hi,

I use the enum.

thanks

sinhaa

This case may be fine, but query has a big advantage over enum. It can be used in User Input type: Query Multi-Select i.e. where you want one or more values  to be selected by the user during workflow execution.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public