Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

ETL Build Fails

zola

My customer is testing out OnCommand Insight Report.  Worked fine until a couple of days ago when the ETL failed to build  Here is the shortened down error output: 

"Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`dwh_ner_inventory`.`file_share`, CONSTRAINT `fk_file_share_qtreeId` FOREIGN KEY (`qtreeId`) REFERENCES `qtree` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE)"

Is there any sort of quick fix I can apply to get it back running?  Any long term correction needed so it doesn't happen again?

KZ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yuvaraju

Hi,

Patch for OnCommand Report Build ETL fails issue is now available. Refer to the document in the link https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-17498 for info on downloading and deploying the patch.

Thanks,

Yuvaraju.B

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

yuvaraju

The issue seems to be that the underlying qtree was deleted while the file share on the qtree still exists triggering this ETL failure. Please check the mail I have sent with the workaround and other details.

columbus_admin

Yuvaraju,

I have started to have the same issue, the exact same error message.  Is there a "public" fix for this yet?

Thanks,

Scott

pascalduk

Had a similar issue and opened a case. Bug will be fixed in OCIR 1.1.

Workaround that worked for me is to remove the DFM server from OCIR and the add it again under "Configure -> Datafabric Manager Server".

columbus_admin

Thank you, that fixed it!

- Scott

araman

Hi,

The issue is getting fixed in our next release, as per current plan it should be released in September. Currently the team is also identifying other scenarios and testing to avoid similar issues. At this moment the workaround is to reconfigure the DFM server.

Thanks

Arun

yuvaraju

Hi,

Patch for OnCommand Report Build ETL fails issue is now available. Refer to the document in the link https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-17498 for info on downloading and deploying the patch.

Thanks,

Yuvaraju.B

pascalduk

Thank you for posting the patch here.

The patch has fixed the issue for me. I had a failed ETL build last night, installed the patch, and ran the DFM poll and ETL build again successfully without removing and adding the DFM server again.

Public