Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Engenio arrays

Meg

Hello,

I have come upon a Teradata 550 using Engenio arrays. There are a nubmer of failed disks. I have purchased "New in box" same model replacement drives (Seagtate Cheetah ST373455FC). When I replace the drives in the tray, the GUI (Symplicity Storage Managment for Teradata) tells me "Wrong type drive inserted".  I assue it's a firmware issure or there is some special way to tell the GUI to initialize the drive (yet that is grayed out in the menu). I have noticed that if I look at the properties of the new drive, it tells me it is ST373455FC (005) while the disks that are functioning show up as ST373455FC-DAP (MS5C).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

madden

Hi @Meg

Sorry, I don't think it's possible to use a non-NetApp supplied drive anymore.  A while back I've seen it work but not lately.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

Meg

Thanks for the reply. These arrays are Engenio branded, which were produced before the NetApp qcuqisition of LSI. I was hoping that someone had some pre-NetApp experience wiht these arrays.

Public