Subscribe
Accepted Solution

Error getting data source credentials with WFA 2.1RC and Powershell Cache Data Provider

Hi all,

I upgrade my WFA to 2.1RC and restored the database. I had powershell script to cache cDOT data working with WFA 2.0.

Now, I'm keeping to get the following error on data acquisition:

Error getting data source credentials. Please see the log file for more details

When I check the log file I find:

23:19:49,453 ERROR [com.netapp.wfa.command.execution.instance.impl.ExecutionInstanceDaoImpl] (http-executor-threads - 15) cDOT James:Error getting data source credentials: System.Management.Automation.CommandNotFoundException: The term 'Get-NaCredentials' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

Powershell 2.0 is running on the WFA server:

PS H:\> $PSVersionTable.psversion

Major  Minor  Build  Revision

-----  -----  -----  --------

2      0      -1     -1

I also removed and added the source credentials of the controller in question.

Anybody?

Re: Error getting data source credentials with WFA 2.1RC and Powershell Cache Data Provider

Get-NaCredentials was changed to Get-WfaCredentials and is no longer exported expect to WFA.  This prevents accidental access to the cache.  I thought this was listed in the documents for the change.  I found it while testing the Beta code

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

Twitter: @virtpirate

Blog: www.virtpirate.com

Re: Error getting data source credentials with WFA 2.1RC and Powershell Cache Data Provider

Perfect Jeremy. I just changed the script to call Get-WfaCredentials instead of Get-NaCredentials and data source was back working.

For others with the same problem: go to the designer - click data source types - right click your data source and choose edit. Then adjust the script in question.

Re: Error getting data source credentials with WFA 2.1RC and Powershell Cache Data Provider

Hi - I'm having this exact issue and I am a TOTAL newbie to PS. Can you provide me with the syntax that yopu used to make the change as you described here:

 

Re: Error getting data source credentials with WFA 2.1RC and Powershell Cache Data Provider
 

Perfect Jeremy. I just changed the script to call Get-WfaCredentials instead of Get-NaCredentials and data source was back working.

For others with the same problem: go to the designer - click data source types - right click your data source and choose edit. Then adjust the script in question.