Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Error message by installation of OnCommand Unified Manager

sanadmin_do

I try to install OnCommand Unified Manager 6.3 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 with 12 GB of RAM.

When I start the installation after a few minutes I get the errror message:

'Database creation command failed for UM. Installer wil exit now. Refer logs for more details'.

I don't find any logs in the installation folder: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL .. '

Has anyone an idea or solution ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sanadmin_do

I have opened parallel to this entry a case with NetApp Support. After unsuccessful attempts to solve them, we will now set up a new virtual server on which only the OnCommand Unified Manager is running.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sarfaraz

The logs will be under appDataDir.

To find the location of appDatadir, go to registry and locate the key appDataDir under

hklm\software\netapp\ThirdParty

Once you locate the path to appDataDir, e.g. c:\programdata\NetApp\OnCommandAppData

Attach the logs from c:\programdata\NetApp\OnCommandAppData\ocum\log folder.

The log we will be interested will be dbsetup.log

Renifa

Hi,

Possible case might be that the “Network service account” is assigned to the MYSQL service rather than the “Local system account”.  If that is the case change the setting to “Local system account” and re-run the installation. To do so, go to services-> Right click on MySQL service -> properties. In the Logon Tab select the local system account and put a check mark on “allow service to interact with desktop” Click ok and run the installation again. Also check the correct JAVA version required for OCUM 6.3

Refer the OnCommand Unified Manager 6.3 Installation and Setup Guide and check for the prerequisites.

Hope this helps. 

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

sanadmin_do

Hi,

thanks for your fast replies. I don't get any informartion about your answers, so that I found today your answers.

I know the note with the 'Network Service Account' and I try it, but it doesn't works.

I try to install OC UM today again and it don't works. Here are the entries of the dbsetup.log:

2015-12-14 09:50:37,234 INFO  [main] [c.n.d.p.p.DatabasePlatform] Using database jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/ocum?cachePrepStmts=true&prepStmtCacheSize=1000&prepStmtCacheSqlLimit=1000
2015-12-14 09:50:42,086 INFO  [main] [c.n.d.p.s.DatabaseSetupManager] Setting up ocum privileges for jboss
2015-12-14 09:50:42,086 ERROR [main] [c.n.dfm.migrations.DbMain] Unexpected error: Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Could not connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
2015-12-14 09:50:42,102 DEBUG [main] [c.n.dfm.migrations.DbMain] Database setup error
org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Could not connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
    at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.getConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:80) ~[spring-jdbc.jar:3.2.9.RELEASE]
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:382) ~[spring-jdbc.jar:3.2.9.RELEASE]
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.update(JdbcTemplate.java:521) ~[spring-jdbc.jar:3.2.9.RELEASE]
    at com.netapp.dfm.persist.setup.DatabaseSetupManager$SQLStatementExecutor.update(DatabaseSetupManager.java:299) ~[dfm-persist.jar:6.3]
    at com.netapp.dfm.persist.setup.DatabaseSetupManager.setOcumUserPrivileges(DatabaseSetupManager.java:187) ~[dfm-persist.jar:6.3]
    at com.netapp.dfm.migrations.DbMain$UpdateCommand.execute(DbMain.java:172) ~[dfm-migrations.jar:6.3]
    at com.netapp.dfm.migrations.DbMain.executeCommand(DbMain.java:233) [dfm-migrations.jar:6.3]
    at com.netapp.dfm.migrations.DbMain.main(DbMain.java:225) [dfm-migrations.jar:6.3]
Caused by: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Could not connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:1549) ~[commons-dbcp.jar:1.4]
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1388) ~[commons-dbcp.jar:1.4]
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:1044) ~[commons-dbcp.jar:1.4]
    at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.doGetConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:111) ~[spring-jdbc.jar:3.2.9.RELEASE]
    at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.getConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:77) ~[spring-jdbc.jar:3.2.9.RELEASE]
    ... 7 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: Could not connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.SQLExceptionMapper.get(SQLExceptionMapper.java:134) ~[mariadb-java-client-1.2.1.jar:na]
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.SQLExceptionMapper.throwException(SQLExceptionMapper.java:106) ~[mariadb-java-client-1.2.1.jar:na]
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:107) ~[mariadb-java-client-1.2.1.jar:na]
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:38) ~[commons-dbcp.jar:1.4]
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:582) ~[commons-dbcp.jar:1.4]
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:1556) ~[commons-dbcp.jar:1.4]
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:1545) ~[commons-dbcp.jar:1.4]
    ... 11 common frames omitted
Caused by: org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.common.QueryException: Could not connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.mysql.MySQLProtocol.checkErrorPacket(MySQLProtocol.java:452) ~[mariadb-java-client-1.2.1.jar:na]
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.mysql.MySQLProtocol.connect(MySQLProtocol.java:379) ~[mariadb-java-client-1.2.1.jar:na]
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.mysql.MySQLProtocol.connectWithoutProxy(MySQLProtocol.java:623) ~[mariadb-java-client-1.2.1.jar:na]
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.common.Utils.retrieveProxy(Utils.java:541) ~[mariadb-java-client-1.2.1.jar:na]
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:102) ~[mariadb-java-client-1.2.1.jar:na]
    ... 15 common frames omitted
2015-12-14 09:50:42,102 DEBUG [main] [c.n.dfm.migrations.DbMain] SQLException.next
2015-12-14 09:50:42,102 DEBUG [main] [c.n.dfm.migrations.DbMain] SQLException.next

sanadmin_do

I have opened parallel to this entry a case with NetApp Support. After unsuccessful attempts to solve them, we will now set up a new virtual server on which only the OnCommand Unified Manager is running.

MartINC

I'm having the same exact error message, same os version:  Windows 2008 R2 x64 SP1. I'm trying to install the software in our lab environment so I will try with another OS version (windows 2012).

I wanted to manually install MySQL Community 5.6.26 but the only version I can find on Oracle Site is 5.6.28... OCUM installer refused to install with 5.6.28.

Any development on your side ? Did the installation worked on a new VM guest ?

Jaro_ku

Hello

I did face the same issue, trying to solve it for few days, but now works.

What I did:

- I figured out, that I should avoid some special characters ... but main reason is, that looks like to me, during the installation process is changing keybord characters, but I can be wrong.

- I did unisstall all including MySQL. (I had a problem to reinstall after unintalling OCUM 6.4)

- I did delete MySQL and OCUM left links from all places includin C'\ProgramData which is hiden

- I did reboot

- I did stop using installation by runas "Administrator"

- And seems works now.

Hope it helps

Best regards,

Jaro 

Public