Subscribe
Accepted Solution

Event: Aggregate Overcommitted

The overcommitted threshold set at 100% is breached. 350.00 TB (202.11%) of 173.17 TB is committed. 5.24 TB (3.03%) is used.

Data Capacity     173.17 TB           100.00%
Used                    5.25 TB               3.03%  
Free                     167.92 TB           96.97%
snapreserve 0%

we set overcommited threshold to 100% which is 173.17TB

total space on volume capacity on this aggregate was 5.24 TB(3.03% was used so far)  considersing VOlume gaurentee, But how this 350.00 TB has been calculated when there is no commitment 
for 200%

thanks
Jayaprakash Nathan

Re: Event: Aggregate Overcommitted

Hi Jayaprakash,

The default Aggregate Overcommitted value is 100%, this means that an event is created in OCUM when the sum of all (thin) provisioned volume sizes exceeds 173.17 TB.

Could you please provide the output of "df -Ag" and "df -g"? I assume that you created one or more thin provisioned volumes and that the size of all volumes is 350 TB. When OCUM polled the controller after the volumes were created it created the event you are referring to.

Best regards

Dirk

This might be related as well (having just run into this myself):

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=3014092&locale=en_US

Look at the max size the volume(s) can grow to, if auto grow is enabled. OCUM calculates that overcommitment based on the max size the volumes can grow to, not their current size.

--rdp

Good catch Richard!

I agree

but our aggregate  volumes  options   are  set to  Autogrow Maximum Size: Disabled  Autogrow Incremental Size: Disabled

which includes lS MIrrored volume which one one GB

richard_payne wrote:

This might be related as well (having just run into this myself):

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=3014092&locale=en_US

Look at the max size the volume(s) can grow to, if auto grow is enabled. OCUM calculates that overcommitment based on the max size the volumes can grow to, not their current size.

--rdp