Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Execution URI input line was not set.

MatthewN

When I issue wfa cmdlets from the POWERSHELL cli or ISE I always get the error "Execution URI input line was not set." I know this was covered once but the solution that was given (re-install wfa 3.1) doesn't fix my issue, I tried. I want to be able to issue wfa cmdlets in the ISE or CLI so I can see the values that are being returned as well as do some testing.

I am using the latest dataontap powershell tool kit & I upgraded the data ontap modules in WFA using the instructions http://community.netapp.com/t5/OnCommand-Storage-Management-Software-Discussions/How-to-upgrade-or-modify-the-DataONTAP-Powershell-Toolkit-PSTK-in-WFA...

My profile looks like this:

Import-Module "C:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\NetApp PowerShell Toolkit\Modules\DataONTAP"

Import-Module 'C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\PoSH\profile.ps1' <--- I commented out the DataONTAP module

if ( !(Get-Module -Name VMware.VimAutomation.Core -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue) ) {
. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\Scripts\Initialize-PowerCLIEnvironment.ps1'
}

Any suggestions other than re-install WFA would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sinhaa

Matt,

WFA cmdlets are in 3 different Modules:

1. WFA
  2. WFAWrapper
  3. WFAConfig

How to see them: Go to WFA->Help->Support Links -> WFA Powershell cmdlets help.

You can see the cmdlets for every WFA Module.

1. WFA: NO cmdlets from this module can be called outside of WFA. You'll always get the error as you have been getting. No restarting or reinstalling can fix it. Its not a bug, this is how its sipposed to work.

2. WFAWrapper : Some cmdlets can be called from outside. Others will throw same error.

3. WFAConfig : All cmdlets in this module can be called from Outside. Infact they should always be called from outside.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sinhaa

Matt,

WFA cmdlets are in 3 different Modules:

1. WFA
  2. WFAWrapper
  3. WFAConfig

How to see them: Go to WFA->Help->Support Links -> WFA Powershell cmdlets help.

You can see the cmdlets for every WFA Module.

1. WFA: NO cmdlets from this module can be called outside of WFA. You'll always get the error as you have been getting. No restarting or reinstalling can fix it. Its not a bug, this is how its sipposed to work.

2. WFAWrapper : Some cmdlets can be called from outside. Others will throw same error.

3. WFAConfig : All cmdlets in this module can be called from Outside. Infact they should always be called from outside.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

MatthewN

Thank you for the reply

Public