Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Exporting OCUM 7.2+ configuration data

jhfileradmin

Hi,
We did lots of OCUM customizing like configuring annotations, thresholds and alerts on our "VMware vSphere installation"-appliance.
I'd like to save doing much work once again (mouse clicking in great profusion) when setting up a new OCUM instance.
Is there a way to export some parts of OCUM 7.2 configuration data and re-import this configuration data into a fresh installed OCUM 7.2+ instance? Doing so I'd like to avoid restoring the whole database (seems containing corrupted/dirty data in my case).
Can I maybe customize OCUM configuration using CLI commands (um cli and dfm cli weren't promising much)?
Thanks!

Simon

4 REPLIES 4

kirana

Hi jhfileradmin,

It is not possible to backup and then later restore 'subset' of OCUM configuration (using the inbuild backup/restore feature). You'd have to raise a RFE BURT for this and provide an appealing(which resonates with few other customers also) usecase for this :-).

jhfileradmin

Hi kirana,

Thank you for answering! I'll give it a try and contact support for RFE.

Regards,

Simon

TMADOCTHOMAS

I'll put in my vote for this, but for a different reason. I want to switch our existing OCUM from an OVA to Windows, and would like to export/import the config.

jhfileradmin

Hello,

So, more than one year passed since I got an RFE 1196471 from NetApp support. Nothing changed, although I engaged our SAM and a NetApp consultant who also desired the export/import feature.

If there is someone out there who is interested in adding the export/import feature to OCUM, please contact NetApp support and demand to participate in mentionen RFE 1196471. Hopefully, this will give OCUM-engineering a kick...

BR,

Simon

Public