Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Filer view removed? 8.1.1

stanleyj42

I just started setting up a fas3240 running 8.1.1 and after everything was configured i noticed i cant access filerview?  When i go to the na_admin page it prompts me about the certificate but will never get past that screen. 

Has Filer view been removed from the 8.1 version of ontap?  Im have other filers running 8.0.2 that have a filer view.

I also notice that i keep seeing a message about httpd.mimetypes does not exist.  I checked both filers and that file or the .sample are there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stjerna

Yes, FilerView was retired, starting with 8.1. OnCommand System Manager is the replacement if you want a GUI.

--erik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

stjerna

Yes, FilerView was retired, starting with 8.1. OnCommand System Manager is the replacement if you want a GUI.

--erik

stanleyj42

Thanks for the quick response.  I knew it was going away at some point.  One other thing that i cant seem to find the answer to.  When using oncommand i cant edit my network interfaces.  You know if im missing some sort of permission to be able to do this.  i dont have an issue anywhere else in oncommand just the network section.

Thanks again.

stjerna

What's your version of OnCommand System Manager? We had issues with the networking settings and as a workaround we released a version that had (most of?) the network settings greyed out. If I recall correctly that has been fixed in the latest release of System Manager.

--erik

stanleyj42

That was it.  I didnt pay close attention to the version i was using becuase i thought i had the most current.  Installed 2.1 and now i dont have any issues editing anything from system manager.  Thanks!

Public