Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Finding base filer for a vfiler

NETMASTR5

I'm trying to write a script that will pull quota information given a UNC share path.  I've hit a road block when it comes to vFilers in trying to figure out how to resolve what the underlying filer is that is running the vFiler to issue the quota-report command to.  Does anyone know how I can resolve the underlying base filer hosting a vfiler programmatically outside of NetApp's System manager software?

2 REPLIES 2

billshaffer

I struggled with this as well.  The best I could come up with was to do a "vfiler status" on all the controllers, then look for the vfiler name and match it.  We only had a few controllers, so this wasn't too bad to do dynamically - but if you've got a big environment, maybe you could have a nightly job to list the vfilers, then pull from that list?

Bill

NETMASTR5

Thanks for the feedback Bill, but unfortunately the environment I'm interacting with has several thousand controllers.  In the end I ended up building a vFiler to controller lookup by using the host-list-info-iter-* commands on the DFM server to get a list of all vFilers and there controller and building a lookup dictionary in my code to use later on to look up the controller for a vFiler.

Public