Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Harvest, Grafana - vscan stats/graphs for cDOT

bkamil

Hi guys,

Has anyone already tried to make it work?

I was wondering if the required counters are available all the time or do they need to be collected on demand.
When I need to get vscan stats from cDOT CLI I normally do:

set -privilege diagnostic
statistics start -object offbox_vscan
[ ... wait ... ]
statistics stop
statistics show -object offbox_vscan

Cheers,
Kamil

2 REPLIES 2

madden

Hi @bkamil

The vscan stats will always be there; no need to start and stop with Harvest.   I haven't created a template for vscan or fpolicy stats for cDOT yet; I don't have vscan in my lab and the time to get a vscan server up and then code the template + dashboard never made it to the top of my to-do list.  But, if you check the instructions in the Harvest admin guide (chapter 9) you can probably pull something together.  I also had a session at NetApp Insight #62051 where I gave an example of adding some counters.  But, maybe someone else has already done this work and can share?!?

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

bkamil

Thanks Chris.

I went through the guide already and also attended your session in Berlin. Looks like I will just need to dedicate some time to get it running.

Public