Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Harvest fails to import dashboards - 500 SSL_verify_mode must be a number and not a string

e_honcoop

Let me start of by saying i LOVE NetApp harvest. It provides a LOT of insight.

It is however quite a hassle to set up (especially when lacking linux experience.

For that reasom I'm trying to install and configure it without a specific IP-configuration and without controllers added.

(So I can export it, copy it to my customers locations and set it up with minimal effort)

Now I'm running into a problem:

Once I arive at the step where you import the dashboard, harvest gives me an error:

root@SRV-NOCH-01:/opt/netapp-harvest# /opt/netapp-harvest/netapp-manager -import
[OK     ] Will import dashboards to https://localhost:443
[ERROR  ] Failed to import dashboard [db_netapp-dashboard-7-mode-group.json] due to error: 500 SSL_verify_mode must be a number and not a string
[ERROR  ] -Response was :SSL_verify_mode must be a number and not a string at /usr/share/perl5/IO/Socket/SSL.pm line 2166.

I have a feeling it can be a few things:

- Im running a newer version of Grafana
root@SRV-NOCH-01:/opt/netapp-harvest# apt-show-versions grafana
grafana:amd64/wheezy 3.0.4-1464167696 uptodate

- Im using either localhost or 127.0.0.1 everywhere (in combination with DHCP)

- I havent fully configured harvest (/opt/netapp-harvest/netapp-harvest.conf only contains info about Grafana and Graphite)

I hope you can help me out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madden

Hi @iparboy@e_honcoop

This error seems to be an interop issue between Harvest 1.2.2 and a newer version of the IO::Socket:SSL library.

To fix do the following:

1) Edit netapp-manager:

nano /opt/netapp-harvest/netapp-manager

2) Add a new line at line 25 as in green below:

use JSON;
 use LWP;
 use IO::Socket;
 use IO::Socket::SSL;

3) Modify line 156 to remove the `` around SSL_VERIFY_NONE as shown below:

FROM: my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new( ssl_opts => {verify_hostname => 0, SSL_verify_mode => 'SSL_VERIFY_NONE'}, timeout => 10);
TO: my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new( ssl_opts => {verify_hostname => 0, SSL_verify_mode => SSL_VERIFY_NONE}, timeout => 10);

4) Save and exit.

Thereafter your netapp-manager -import and -export should work.  Please confirm that this solves the issue (and give a kudos!)

I have also fixed and it in main and it will be in the next Toolchest release.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

iparboy

Hi, I have the same problem with the same error.

[OK ] Will import dashboards to http://127.0.0.1:443
[ERROR ] Failed to import dashboard [db_netapp-detail-graphite-server.json] due to error: 500 addr is not a string
[ERROR ] -Response was :addr is not a string at /usr/share/perl/5.20/IO/Socket/IP.pm line 453.

any idea?¿?

madden

Hi @iparboy@e_honcoop

This error seems to be an interop issue between Harvest 1.2.2 and a newer version of the IO::Socket:SSL library.

To fix do the following:

1) Edit netapp-manager:

nano /opt/netapp-harvest/netapp-manager

2) Add a new line at line 25 as in green below:

use JSON;
 use LWP;
 use IO::Socket;
 use IO::Socket::SSL;

3) Modify line 156 to remove the `` around SSL_VERIFY_NONE as shown below:

FROM: my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new( ssl_opts => {verify_hostname => 0, SSL_verify_mode => 'SSL_VERIFY_NONE'}, timeout => 10);
TO: my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new( ssl_opts => {verify_hostname => 0, SSL_verify_mode => SSL_VERIFY_NONE}, timeout => 10);

4) Save and exit.

Thereafter your netapp-manager -import and -export should work.  Please confirm that this solves the issue (and give a kudos!)

I have also fixed and it in main and it will be in the next Toolchest release.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

e_honcoop

Nice one Chris, accepted as solution and kudos provided.

Bedankt! 🙂

cprivitere

Awesome! Fixed my problem as well.

acjackson

I have the same problem but the fix did not work for me :(.

Perl Version: revision 5 version 16 subversion 3

https

[ERROR  ] Failed to import dashboard [db_netapp-dashboard-7-mode-group.json] due to error: 500 addr is not a string 
[ERROR  ] -Response was :addr is not a string at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/IO/Socket/IP.pm line 662.

edit:

After some debugging, I got a message, that my api key was invalid. So I changed the grafana api key and now it works 🙂

Public