Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Host Agent 2.7 unattended installation

meggenberger

Hi there.

Since OSSV 2.6.1 the Netapp Host Agent is no longer packaged with the OSSV installation. So I need to install this separately. For our DFM we need Host Agent 2.7. I downloaded it and manual installation works fine. I need to do an unattended installation though. The documentation says nothing about unattended installation. With agentsetup-2-7-win32.e3xe /? I see the following choices for cmd line parameters:

/L     language ID

/S     Hide initialization dialog. For silent mode use: /S

/v/qn

/V     parameters to MsiExec.exe

/UA     <url to InstMsiA.exe>

/UW     <url to InstMsiW.exe>

/UM     <url to msi package>

Does anyone have any information about command line parameters? Anyone done this unattended installation yet?

Regards,

Marc

5 REPLIES 5

crocker

, ,   is this one that your team handles or should the question be asked in the NetApp Support Community?

meggenberger

Any updates on this question? Should I open a support case for this?

Regards,

Marc

DANGAR2012

Hi Marc,

Any luck with this? I am looking for the same thing.

Thanks.

-danny

adaikkap

There is not silent installation capability.

Regards

adai

DANGAR2012

Actually, in reading the OSSV 3.0.1 agent Install/Admin guide I learned that the Host Agent can be part of the OSSV agent unattended installation process. The .bat file is modified by adding this line to the beginning of the code "start /wait agent-setup-2-7-win32.exe /S /v/qn". I'm using the IBM version, but it should be the same, it's towards the end of the Installation section of the guide. Hope that helps.

Thanks.

-danny

Public