Subscribe

How can I alert on Volume Autosize in Unified Manager 6.0?

Hello,

In previous versions of Unified Manager there was an alert/alarm available for volume autosize events. How can I alert on this event using 6.0?

Thanks

Re: How can I alert on Volume Autosize in Unified Manager 6.0?

Hi,

AFAIK, UM 6.0 doesn't have an alert for volume autosize or snapshot autodelete. Both of these events were generated via traps in UM 5.x for 7mode.

Regards

adai

I can't get the event to work in UM 5.2 cluster mode either. Is this trap not even included for cluster mode devices? I need to find a solution to this.

Adai - You commented on that this talks gets generated via TRAPS.  Do you have the OID for this?

I'm running 5.2 7-mode and the alerting for autogrown volume didn't work

This will not work in UM 5.x Cluster-Mode until bug 681706 is fixed - currently no event is generated.   There is not yet any public information but you can track the bug here: http://support.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=681706

For UM 5.x 7-Mode, please see this Kb article:

How to configure DFM Alerts for Volume Autosize, Maxdirsize Reach, or Snapshot Autodeletion
https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1011987

I realize this is an old topic, but have there been any updates on this?  We used traps to alert on AutoSize events in 7-mode, but for the new OCUM 6.2 in Cluster Mode we have not found a way to alert on this.  Is this feature going to be added back??

I need to know the same thing. Is there a way to alert when a volume autosize or snapshot autodelete action is taken? Or a way to monitor that it has happened after the fact?

Version 6.4 will finally add this feature back to OCUM, however it is still in release candidate status. Anyone know when it will be out of RC status?

Just to update this thread, I upgraded to OCUM 6.4 because of the following line in the Release Notes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New informational events

New informational events are sent when configuration changes occur to Volume Autosize,

Volume Autogrow, and Volume Snapshot Autodelete settings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, they neglect to say (a) that OCUM 6.4 has no mechanism by which to alert on Informational events, unlike OCUM 5.x, and (b) that this only creates an event when the configuration changes, not when an actual Autogrow event occurs. So, unfortunately I am back to square one.

If anyone from NetApp Support sees this, please add the ability to alert on Autogrow events in the next release, as is already available in 7-mode (see below).

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1011987&locale=en_US&access=s

Are there any news for OCUM 6.4+ (7.0/7.1)?

Can anyone confirm that the informational event occurs in OCUM 6.4+?