Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How can I show the monthly trend for average lun latency

BrendonHiggins

I have Operations Manager and can easily get a graph of lun latency, which show the highs and lows over the month period.I can also drill into this view and get a better idea as to what is happening during the required time frame but I need to know what the trend is doing?

Looking at the graphs I can see my SQL server is heading for trouble but I need something in a report that I can put in front of a manager and say “buy be X because, or else”.

Has anyone cracked this nut yet?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

darrendunham

Sorry to reply without any suggestions, but can I ask how you generate the latency graph?

--

Darren

BrendonHiggins

No problem and welcome to the forum.

Go into ops manager with admin rights

set up / Custom Views / Add a new custom view

Say Exchange. Select the category of the server you need and the luns. Pick ave lun latency counter

Wait while some data is logged

Select the Exchange custom view and OPEN.

david_wallis

Continuing from the other thread..

I created a user in the db using:

C:\Program Files\NetApp\DataFabric\DFM\bin>dfm database user create -u dbuser

C:\Program Files\NetApp\DataFabric\DFM\bin>dfm database access enable -u dbuser

On the server ops mgr was installed on I was then able to use the system dsn called "MonitorDB"

I managed to find some of the stats I was using, by picking the views under DFMGroup

For example some of the volume stats were in the VolumeView and I did a join on objectView.objId & volumeView.volId

I've yet to find the historical data I was looking for.. I got fed up of trying to learn crystal reports so went to trusty MSQuery and Excel!

David

BrendonHiggins

That is great I will give it a try and come back.

david_wallis

Bugger.. looks like you might be right, it says in that document that the views dont provide access to historic data, looks like an export for them..

How crap is that?

darrendunham
BrendonHiggins wrote:

Go into ops manager with admin rights

set up / Custom Views / Add a new custom view

Say Exchange. Select the category of the server you need and the luns. Pick ave lun latency counter

Wait while some data is logged

Select the Exchange custom view and OPEN.

Thanks. I must be missing something basic.

I have 3.6 installed, and I've logged in with an account that has GlobalFullControl. But I don't see anything in the Setup menu that has to do with views (Options, Discovery, Groups, Administrative Users, Roles, Alarms, Database Backup, Download Management Console).

--

Darren

darrendunham

Got it. I was working in the main Ops Manager console, not in Performance Advisor.

Thanks.

--

Darren

BrendonHiggins

Have version 3.7. Can export to CSV. Excel to get average.

Public