Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How is volFullThreshold defined?

NATHANRSTACEY

What is the criteria used for "volFullThreshold"

As in, does it look at an average volume over a specific period of time, or the highest level seen over a specific period of time, or something else?

The reason I ask is I believe my NetApp File share server is hitting 100% but the nolFullTheshold only shows 60% and I am trying to see if that can happen or not.

3 REPLIES 3

adaikkap

This is based on the last sample value got from SNMP walk of the filer. Its just the point in time data and not metrics or calculation involved.

Regards

adai

hiyer

The threshold is a fixed value that is set either at global level or at volume level. You can check the values by running:

dfm option list volFullThreshold

for the global level, and

dfm volume get <volume-name-or-id>

for the volume level.

You can change it using "dfm option set" or "dfm volume set" appropriately.

As Adai said, when the last sample value from SNMP exceeds the fixed value of the threshold, an event will be raised saying the volume is "full".

adaikkap

Hi,

There is one more options which says the time interval after which the event must be generated if the condition of volumefull threshold is still true.The option name is volFullThresholdInterval, this is basically tries to avoid false positives.

For example if this thresholdinterval is set to 1h from the default value of zero(which is generate immediate.).If the condition of full threshold exceeds and stays equal to or above this value for the specified time then the event is generated. By default the diskusage is collected in DFM once every 30minutes so if the interval is 1 hour, then the event of volume full is only generated if both sample values is more than the threshold.

Regards

adai

Public