Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

How to export OM/dfm graph data from the cli, just like from the ui

tim_mcdonough

Howdy:

I've got project groups organized in dfm and I've been regularly exporting the Summary graph of each group from the UI, to excel and

combining the numerous exports to create a single stacked line graph of ALL the projects groups. I'd like to stop doing the UI export and

do this from the cli but not having success.

I've tried "dfm report view -g 12345  groups-dedupe-and-lun-file-clones-space-savings" and that mostly gives me the information

I'd like but, I'd like it over a timeline ( 1d, 1w, 3m, 1y ), but "groups-dedupe-and-lun-file-clones-space-savings-1y" is not valid, and the

timeline options for performance data ( -P ) are not applicable.I've also trieded "dfm graph" but that just gives me a gif of the graph,

I need the actual data.

Thoughts?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

agireesh

Hi,

Group summary report has four different type of graphs (listed below) in operation manager GUI.

- Volume Capacity Used Vs Total

- Volume capacity used

- LUN Bytes/sec

- LUN Operations/sec

-

Similarly, you can get the same graph in CLI using “dfm graph” command. In CLI, graphs for group summary report will be:

- volume-usage-vs-total

- volume-usage

- lun-bytes

- lun-ops

Please use the below command to list the graph data.

“dfm graph -D '%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S' volume-usage-1y g1”

SLES11-:~ # dfm graph -D '%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S' volume-usage-1y g1

Sun, 09 Oct 2011 05:30:00 7315496960 7315496960

Mon, 10 Oct 2011 18:07:42 - 7315496960

Wed, 12 Oct 2011 06:45:24 - 7315496960

Where

volume-usage: graph name

g1: group name

-1y: for data going back indefinitely (you can also use –1d,-1w,-1m, and -3m )

'%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S': Date format.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Gireesh

adaikkap

The historic/statefulness is available only in graphs, if you use the dfm graph cli and csv version you should be able to get this data. Infact you would be able to get even beyond 1y.

As in dfm data is never purged, but the UI max only shows up to 1y.Where as using the start and endtime in the cli you can get to since the object was discovered until now.

Below is a link to most of the TR and essential doc with respect to DFM/OnCommand.

OnCommand(DFM) and its related Technical Reports

Refer to the following doc in the above link

Storage Capacity Management using OnCommand Operations Manager

Regards

adai

Public