Subscribe
Accepted Solution

How to import workflows created in WFA 1 into WFA 2?

Hi all,

is it possible to do that?

I'm getting the following error:

Incompatible DAR - no upgrade path were found.

DAR version '1.0.0.3.10' , installed version '2.0.0.391.2'

Thanks

Christoph

Re: How to import workflows created in WFA 1 into WFA 2?

Hi Christoph,

In 2.0, we do only support a import or DB restore from 1.1 or later, but not from 1.0 .

So, you can first upgrade your server to1.1/1.1.1 and then upgrade it to 2.0.

Regards

Sivaprasad K

Ok, here is what I did. I imported the workflows (available in v1 only) into WFA 1.1.1. From there exported the required workflows again. That version was ok to import in WFA 2.0.

Thanks

Hi Christoph,

Siva is indeed correct. Automatic upgrade path was set from 1.1/1.1.1 to 2.0.

1.0.X is considered very old, most like the content would be better off re-written in the simplified form

(Also a good intro into to 2.0).

If you still need that upgraded anyway - Please contact me directly. We took off all links to older versions, so you might

find it hard to do the two-phase upgrade if you don't happen to have 1.1/1.1.1

Cheers,

Yaron Haimsohn

Hi Yaron

My problem is not upgrading WFA. My problem is to import "old" workflows (like the Pirate Pack for NAS) into a net new installation of WFA 2.0.

However, with the workaround to use an WFA 1.1.1 installation - I can import/reexport the workflows in order to import it finally in 2.0.

Thanks

Christoph

Christoph,

I am working on a new release of all of the Pirate Packs.  These new releases are designed from the ground up in 2.0.  I will be releasing the Pirate Pack for VMware 2.0 next week and should have the Pirate Pack for Shared NAS 2.0 released soon after.  I had hoped to have them completely done by go live date but time did not permit.  I will also be releasing some new Pirate Packs around Oracle and SQL along with clustered ONTAP variants. 

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

Twitter: @virtpirate

Hi Jeremy,

This is great information! Do the new versions have extended vFiler functionalities? I mean with the drop of proper vFiler support in Systems Manager, this could be the solution.

E.g. I changed your workflow in order vFilers and Shares are populated in drop-down fields. Can provide you the SQL snippets if necessary.

Thanks a lot

Christoph

Christoph,

I will shoot you an email offline to discuss.  I want to get your feedback and see if we can incorporate it into the Pirate Pack. 

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

Twitter: @virtpirate