Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Initial Install with some questions and scratching head questions..

bigtruckguy

Setup:

Running DFM 5.2 (or whatever it is called this month)

I ran WFA and all related requirements on another Windows 2008 VM.  All seems to connect to DFM server and VCenter ok..

I am logged in WFA as the administrator.

QUESTION:  

What am I missing here..

For a workflow example, before removing the volume, is there an OPTION we can offline the volume for a period of time, say 24 hours, or X, then destroy the vol?

I know this is version 2.0, and is much better then 1.0 that came out a while back.

Thanks, looks good so far...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sinhaa

@I don't see any LDAP authentication option or TAB as noted on page 16 of the help document

@I don't see the mail, SNMP,SYSLOG, or Other Tab(s) as well..

---------

On top left-most button "Tool" -> WFA Configuration . It opens a window which has all the tabs you are looking for.

@

For a workflow example, before removing the volume, is there an OPTION we can offline the volume for a period of time, say 24 hours, or X, then destroy the vol?

---------

No I don't think there is a certified workflow that does this. how ever you can achieve this easily by cloning/creating a similar worlflow/command and adding a wait-for parameter to it.

@I know this is version 2.0, and is much better then 1.0 that came out a while back.

------

Thanks for the feedback. May I suggest you to install WFA 2.0.1 which is the latest version. Also DFM 5.2 is recommended to be used with WFA 2.0.1.

Warm regards,

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sinhaa

@I don't see any LDAP authentication option or TAB as noted on page 16 of the help document

@I don't see the mail, SNMP,SYSLOG, or Other Tab(s) as well..

---------

On top left-most button "Tool" -> WFA Configuration . It opens a window which has all the tabs you are looking for.

@

---------

No I don't think there is a certified workflow that does this. how ever you can achieve this easily by cloning/creating a similar worlflow/command and adding a wait-for parameter to it.

@I know this is version 2.0, and is much better then 1.0 that came out a while back.

------

Thanks for the feedback. May I suggest you to install WFA 2.0.1 which is the latest version. Also DFM 5.2 is recommended to be used with WFA 2.0.1.

Warm regards,

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

bigtruckguy

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  looking forward to diving in.

hill

Hi,

I just wanted to chime in with another potential option, with regards to the " For a workflow example, before removing the volume, is there an OPTION we can offline the volume for a period of time, say 24 hours, or X, then destroy the vol? " question.

• First off the option sinhaa provided is totally valid.
  • An alternative is very similar to what was recommended:
    • clone an applicable workflow
    • edit the new workflow and add an "Approval Point" between the 'Vol Offline' command and the 'Vol Delete' command.
      • This allows you the flexibility to wait as long as you require (as a WFA Workflow Approver) to confirm there are no issues before 'approving' and 'resuming' the workflow to delete the applicable volumes for deletion in the workflow.

Please let us know if you require any additional information.

Hope this helps.

- The WFA Team

bigtruckguy

Couple things.  Awesome "FREE" training video for overview on WFA!  I can't tell you how cool it was to see the options now that are now possible with dropping and dragging functions around.  At 1st, I was like, yeah, yeah, but now, WOW.

Maybe something that would be "Cool" would be to have a GUI view of the aggr for usage, and maybe colors for latency/IO usage with creating/adding vols, etc.  I know WFA is really a shell and you go and do what you want, but I can see how this is REALLY applicable in a large CM environment. 

Maybe more videos or demos on doing your own templates.  Very cool guys AND gals!!!

Public