Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Is there a way to extract snapshot delta information through OM?

emanuel

Hello all

I am curious if in operations manager if there is a graph version hiding somewhere that can show snap deltas from hourlys, nightlys, and weeklys ( ex: between hourly.0 and .1, weekly.1 and weekly.2 ) ?

or is there a way to grab the raw data and import it into an excel; like writing a custom report and dumping raw data?

Emanuel

2 REPLIES 2

smoot

No, there's not a graph. The problem is, if a volume has, say, 30 snapshots, for which two would we compute the delta?

There is a graph showing the long-term data overwrite rate (which, IIRC, computes snap delta between the oldest and most recent snapshots). Does that help?

Finally, from a volume details page, you can manually select two snapshots and compute the delta. I don't know if that's available from the CLI.

adaikkap

Finally, from a volume details page, you can manually select two snapshots and compute the delta.

Its Volume Snapshot Details page that too when view at an individual volume level and not at filer/group levels.

I don't know if that's available from the CLI.

You can use the dfpm dataset snapshot reclaimable cli.Its works for even for volumes which are not part of a dataset.

The only cavet is that you will need Provisioning Manager license.

[root@lnx]#  dfpm dataset snapshot reclaimable help

NAME
    reclaimable -- compute space reclaimable from deleting snapshots in a volume

SYNOPSIS
    dfpm dataset snapshot reclaimable <volume-name-or-id> <snapshot-name-or-id>
        [ <snapshot-name-or-id> ... ]

DESCRIPTION
    Compute space that can be reclaimed if the specified
    set of snapshots are deleted from the given volume.

[root@lnx]#

Regards

adai

Public