2011-08-11 10:52 PM
I was reading through the DFM help doco and it doesnt provide too many good ways to script some of my tasks?
I am trying to
1: Script the tasks of adding OSSV agent into Hosts (can't find related topics from dfpm help)
2: Script the tasks of created resource pool (I found CLI for this step)
3. Script the tasks of createing dataset which backup a directory on host with OSSV agent configured. (can't see any thing from help...)
4. Script the task of creating protection and provisioning policies...
Is there any detaile documentation i can refer to ?
or is it the case that basically DFM CLI doesn't support full API which DFM GUI does?
2011-08-12 09:02 AM
I find the man pages most useful. They get installed on your DFM server and are in the online help and (on Linux) available through the "man" command.
To get you jump started:
1. As you've discovered, "dfbm host add" is the way to go.
2. "dfpm respool create"
3. "dfpm dataset create -p protection-policy-name new-dataset-name"
"dfpm dataset respool add -N backup-node-name dataset-name respool-name"
"dfpm dataset add dataset-name OSSV-agent-name"
4. This is tricker. You can copy a protection policy using "dfpm policy copy" but it needs fixup afterwards (among other things, I don't believe the copied policy has any schedules associated with it). "dfpm policy create" lets you create provisioning policies.
Depending on your preferences, you might find it easier to download the SDK and script to our APIs instead of the CLI. I find it easier to use APIs from a perl script and CLIs from a shell script. Either way works.
2011-08-17 05:55 PM
I ve got the powershell half done and would prefer finishing it ..
Now i am having bit hard time with Policis and Schedules. I want to set flexible schedule with options and apply to existing& create new proetction policies.
I m not worrying too much about provision policies cause its once-off set in our enviroment.
Is there any more CLI avaialbe for Protection policies in DFM cli?
Thanks & Regards