Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

LastAcquiredTime missing in host table

sunilyadav

Hey,

I am working on few reports for storage, switches and hosts and customer requirement is to show the last reported time. I can find that as "lastAcquiredTime" in database for storage and switches, but that is missing in host table. 

However in OCI server, I can see the the "Last Report Time" in hosts view, but same is not reflecting in host table of DWH MySQL. I am not condering VM in that as VMs are discovered by ESX and I expect ESX should be part of physical host table.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

moechnig

Most hosts are discovered through a combination of switch and storage data sources, so a "last acquired time" for a host might be a bit ill-defined.  dwh_inventory might have enough data source information to get you back to the (switch) data source associated with a host, and get the last acquired time for the corresponding switch.  Or work your way back to the switch through FC connectivity information for the same thing. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

moechnig

Most hosts are discovered through a combination of switch and storage data sources, so a "last acquired time" for a host might be a bit ill-defined.  dwh_inventory might have enough data source information to get you back to the (switch) data source associated with a host, and get the last acquired time for the corresponding switch.  Or work your way back to the switch through FC connectivity information for the same thing. 

sunilyadav

Thanks moechnig. I will try to find some other way.

Public