Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Latest version of SMBR

space1999

Does anyone have any more technical information on the latest version of SMBR, e.g. what new features exist in new version compared to old. Benefits of upgrading etc, I urgently need this, I've been trying for months to get this information from NetApp UK Sales, and I've failed, I need urgently for a client, which has an older version of the product. Other than the pdf download which is currently available.

5 REPLIES 5

amiller_1

I'm afraid I don't know this offhand but I'll usually just browse the release notes....not ultra-fast but not too painful to find out.

space1999

this is my issue, my client doesn't have the upgrade yet, and would like to know what the new features are in an official NetApp document before they spend the cash and upgrade.

sourav

Hi,

The latest version of SMBR is version 5.0.  There are two major features of which the SMBR Admin Server is the most important one that allows SMBR to scale up and become a true enterprise level email Recovery system: -

¡(1) Ability to read Exchange 2007 SP1 log format changes in Exchange 2007 SP1

(2) SMBR Administrative Server

Server Configuration: You can monitor the active connections and available services, change ports, restart or stop server, and elect to be discovered in Active Directory

Mailbox Permissions Service: In order to reinforce your internal corporate security policies, you can restrict access in Single Mailbox Recovery 5.0 to mailboxes contained within private EDB Exchange mailbox stores based on your authority

Application Auditing Service: Activities performed as part of Single Mailbox Recovery 5.0 and Single Mailbox Recovery ExtractWizard operations, as well as activities within Single  Mailbox Recovery Administrative Server, are logged as part of an “audit trail.”

Note: The Single Mailbox Recovery Administrative Server is only supported on English language versions of Windows Server operating systems.

Regards,
Sourav Chakraborty.
Technical Marketing Engineer
NetApp.
PS: Are you a NetApp partner, if yes then please contact me at sourav@netapp.com.

space1999

Do you have any official NetApp documentation that supports this, e.g. benefits and features of upgrading to SMBR 5.0?

sourav

Hi,

I presume that you are a NetApp channel partner. In that case, please refer the following link: -

https://fieldportal.netapp.com/exLink.asp?12621837OW26Q85I57858412

Incase you are unable to access this link then I will have to refer you to our sales team in the UK.

Regards,

Sourav.

Public