2012-02-27 08:51 PM
1. VIM - Virtual Infrastructure management (VMware) - in 5.0 and 5.1 (7-mode) you can manage VMware infrastructure. [This is not present in DFM 4.x]
2. You have a unified GUI called NSPOG [Not present in 4.x]
2012-02-27 09:06 PM
Few more features added in 5.0
1. 64bit Architecture - A new installer to support 64bit Architecture
2. Dashboard - Having multiple panels which shows high level information of the storage infrastructure.
3. Reporting - Enables you to view reports that are broadly categorized into Events, Inventory, and Storage capacity. It includes "Usage Metric" reports for datasets
4. Custom naming settings - Allows to customize the naming format of Volumes, snapshots in a dataset
5. Certificate-based authentication - Certifies cloud orchestrator tools or certifies host service in a virtual environment.