Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Make dataset relinquish with NMSDK

Is someone can help me with that.

François

rle Former NetApp Employee

Re: Make dataset relinquish with NMSDK

Hi François,

What do you mean by relinquish, dataset-destory or dataset-remove-member?  Please describe what you want to do with a little background.

Merci,

- Rick -

Hi Rick,

Just the equivalent command as a dfpm dataset relinquish in command line.

regards

francois

Hi Francois,

I think you might be looking for dataset-modify-node with the relinquish-vfiler input.  If this is not the case, please state what you're attempting with the relinquish parameter.

Regards,

- Rick -

I would like automate the primary storage migration I found in Adai documentation https://communities.netapp.com/thread/24437.

Two kind of relinquish are used there, one dfbm and other with dfpm, but I don't know really what is the implication of that and how these steps can be reproduce with NMSDK.

francois

Hi François,

You can use the dp-relationship-modify API, and set is-dp-imported and is-dp-managed to false.

Regards,

- Rick -

Hi Francios,

The dfpm dataset relinquish can be done via NMSDK as rick said above.

<dp-relationship-modify>  <is-dp-imported>false</is-dp-imported>  <is-dp-managed>false</is-dp-managed>  <relationship-id>72916</relationship-id> </dp-relationship-modify>

But dfbm relinquish cant be done via NMSDK. This basically removes it from DFM database that such a relationship existed so that you dont face problems which you import them back after migration.

Regards

adai

Hi,

Thanks both.

francois

HI,

I tried to find the SDK equivalent to dfbm primary dir add and dfpm dataset import, without chance.

Can you help me about that?

Thanx in advance

francois

Hi Francois,

As I said earlier in my reply the dfbm set of cli doesnt have SDK. They are cli only, so you wont be able to do them via SDK.

Regards

adai