Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Management Console Java exception

josephes

I have a peer that has tried to install the Netapp Management Console multiple times on a Windows XP desktop.  The installation works fine, and the install.log doesn't report any failures.  But every time he tries to run it, he gets a java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException exception.

I'll admit I'm at a loss because out of about six different people in the same corporate IT environment, he's the only one that encounters this error.

Has anyone else run into something like this?

--

Chris J

PSE

2 REPLIES 2

adaikkap

Based on my experience, this happens when the installation is corrupt.

The best way forward is to uninstall the NMC, delete the install dir too, reboot and  a clean install will wipe away this problem.

regards

adai

sinhaa

There is an old burt about the same problem. http://web.netapp.com/~burt/views/341/341621.html

Looks like this installation curruption may happen when you upgrade from an old version to a new version and uninstallation of the old one didn't go fine in the upgrade process.

Fix to fix this as adai said.

1. Un-intall the current NMC.

2. Delete all directories from C:\Program Files\Netapp\Management Console or where ever you have installed your NMC.

3. Re-install and it should work alright.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public