Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Need Help to Setup CIFS Server for WFA

MAHESH1111111

Can anyone suggest me how to set up the CIFS server so that the Permissions for the Shares can be given directly from the Active Directory. Please send me any Documents or Videos if you have on How to Setup CIFS Server or suggest me if there is any other way. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

bdave

Hi Mahesh,

I'm not sure I understand how you want to get the permissions for the shares from Active Directory.  Could you elaborate please?

Thanks,

Dave

MAHESH1111111

Hi Dave,

I want to have the option of setting Read/Write Permissions to Users or User Groups in the Active Directory for My Workflow of creating a CIFS Share. I heard that the Command " Setup CIFS Server" helps us in doing that, so i wanted to know how can that be done. Thanks.

Regards

Mahesh.P

tanzim

Mahesh,

For setting up Read/Write permissions on a CIFS share for users/groups, you may want to look at the command "Set CIFS Share ACL".

Also, could you share your workflow to better understand it.

Regards,

Tanzim

MAHESH1111111

Hi tanzim,

I would like to integrate Our Active Directory to setup Permissions for CIFS Shares in my Workflow, i.e i would like to Setup Read/Write Permissions to either Users or Groups in AD. " Set CIFS Share ACL" to work with Active Directory, we should set it up right?? Can you help me how should i do that. I also attached the workflow. Please check.Thanks

Regards

Mahesh.P

Public