Subscribe

NetApp Harvest Graphite Issue with Ontap 9

Hi Chris,

We upgrade out NetApp Cluster to Ontap 9.0RC1 and NetApp Harvest Graph are not showing any data.

The log file show following error.

[2016-07-17 01:01:36] [NORMAL ] WORKER STARTED [Version: 1.2.2] [Conf: netapp-harvest.conf] [Poller: noiclapa01-cls-mgt]
[2016-07-17 01:01:36] [NORMAL ] [main] Poller will monitor a [FILER] at [172.23.16.201:443]
[2016-07-17 01:01:36] [NORMAL ] [main] Poller will use [password] authentication with username [netapp-harvest] and password [**********]
[2016-07-17 01:01:37] [NORMAL ] [main] Collection of system info from [172.23.16.201] running [NetApp Release 9.0RC1] successful.
[2016-07-17 01:01:37] [ERROR ] [main] No best-fit collection template found (same generation and major release, minor same or less) found in [/appInstall/netapp-harvest/template/default]. Exiting;
[2016-07-17 01:01:58] [NORMAL ] WORKER STARTED [Version: 1.2.2] [Conf: netapp-harvest.conf] [Poller: noiclapa01-cls-mgt]
[2016-07-17 01:01:58] [NORMAL ] [main] Poller will monitor a [FILER] at [172.23.16.201:443]
[2016-07-17 01:01:58] [NORMAL ] [main] Poller will use [password] authentication with username [netapp-harvest] and password [**********]
[2016-07-17 01:01:59] [NORMAL ] [main] Collection of system info from [172.23.16.201] running [NetApp Release 9.0RC1] successful.
[2016-07-17 01:01:59] [ERROR ] [main] No best-fit collection template found (same generation and major release, minor same or less) found in [/appInstall/netapp-harvest/template/default]. Exiting; 

I suspect we need new template for Ontap 9.

Please help.

Rgds

Vikash

Re: NetApp Harvest Graphite Issue with Ontap 9

Hi

I have a same pb with news Cluster Mode 9.0RC1

I copied the template of version 8.3.0 but I'm missing a lot of data in Grafana.
If you find the solution or additional files for version 9.0. Thanks

Hi @it_storage_team@raph025

I am still working on updates to support ONTAP 9 correctly.  As mentioned, copying the 8.3 template to 9 allows some collection, but due to other changes in the counter inventory more updates are required to support ONTAP 9 correctly.  When I have completed the updates I will post an updated Harvest version to the ToolChest.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

Thanks you.
I wait your update impatiently !

Regards

Hi Chris,

any update.

Rgds

Vikash

Hi Chris,

I'm having the same problem...

Thanks a lot for your help!

Stefano Pini

Hi,

I am actively working on ONTAP 9 support just got busy with my 'day job' and of course a few weeks summer holiday.  It's a little more work because I want to 'do it right' and add new counters and dashboards including the recently added headroom analysis capability.  When I have something available I will post it here.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

Any further update.

Rgds

Vikash

Hi @madden,

Since you are working on new harvest release.

Grafana has integrated alerting feature in their new release, that is in testing(alpha) phase and available for users.

can you please try to add the same in harvest templeates as well? 

That will be a great combination, Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Himanshu

keen on getting the ontap 9 support too Smiley Happy