Subscribe

NetApp Harvest v1.3 is available!

[ Edited ]

I am pleased to announce that Harvest v.1.3is now available on the NetApp Support Toolchest!   This feature release includes lots of new counters, dashboard panels, and of course, bug fixes.  For those looking for support with ONTAP 9 and 9.1, and OCUM 6.4/7.0/7.1 its in there too.

More info is in my blog here: Announcing NetApp Harvest v1.3 

And the software can be downloaded here:  NetApp Harvest v1.3

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

Re: NetApp Harvest v1.3 is available!

Awesome! - thanks Chris

Looks great, the only issue I'm seeing so far is no Flash Pool stats on my lab 2250 running 9.0 GA.

Questions,

Do Harvest/Grafana support RBAC(LDAP)?

Also does this product allow for monitoring of certain NetApp process like Kahuna?

Thanks,

Hi Chris,

I followed the source upgrade instructions (upgrading from version 1.2.2). When I went to start the services in step 9 I was given the following error:

Can't locate IO/Socket/SSL.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /opt/netapp-harvest/netapp-manager line 25
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/netapp-harvest/netapp-manager line 25

The system is RHEL6 and was previously installed with the source instructions.

From what I can see "use IO::Socket:SSL;" on line 25 of netapp-manager is a new line (feature?) in harvest 1.3.

Is there a pre-req needed to get this working?

Awesome, Thanks for all the hard work, We use Harvest/Graphite/Grafana everyday!

Hi @michaelll

Thanks for the feedback.  Unfortunately I don't have a flashpool system with ONTAP 9 in my lab.  I will send you a private message to see if you are available to collect and provide me logs so I can diagnose.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

@russr_1972

>>Do Harvest/Grafana support RBAC(LDAP)?

Yes.  In the Harvest admin guide are steps to create a least-privilege RBAC read-only role. This role can be applied to a local or remotely authenticated user account.

>>Also does this product allow for monitoring of certain NetApp process like Kahuna?

Yes.  Harvest tracks average CPU per node and CPU per processing domain, including Kahuna.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

[ Edited ]

Hi @jonathon_lanzon,

Here is the list of prerequisites for RHEL/CentOS as found in the Harvest v1.3 admin guide:

sudo yum install -y epel-release unzip perl perl-JSON \ 
perl-libwww-perl perl-XML-Parser perl-Net-SSLeay \ 
perl-Time-HiRes perl-LWP-Protocol-https 
sudo yum install -y perl-Excel-Writer-XLSX 

Can you execute these and advise if that resolves the issue?

If that doesn't work maybe one more is required:

sudo yum install -y perl-IO-Socket-SSL

My test system is CentOS so it could be that default modules differ with RHEL so I would appreciate your feedback on the fix.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Another question, does Harvest offer a feature to email alerts based on thresholds or is it meant more as a dashboard suppliement to OCUM?  I know OCUM can do some alerting.

Thank you